The 2023 National Football League season has been more than a heartbreaker. For some, it’s been a finger breaker, a wrist wrecker, and the Achilles to their own Achilles. A shocking seven starting quarterbacks have been forced to take a warm, yet unenvied seat on the bench due to season-ending injuries.
- Aaron Rodgers started the season off with a bang. The future Hall-of-Famer suffered a torn Achilles early in his first game playing for the New York Jets. Rodgers has since shocked fans with the rapidity of his healing, which he attributes to holistic restoration.
- Anthony Richardson of the Indianapolis Colts sprained an AC joint in his throwing shoulder. The decision to proceed with surgery placed him on the sidelines for the remainder of his rookie season.
- Hot off his star appearance in the Netflix documentary, Quarterback, Kirk Cousins of the Minnesota Vikings tore his right Achilles tendon. The family man and free agent has a lot of people wondering where he will play next season.
- Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals tore a ligament in his right wrist. The young and newly engaged Joe Cool is expected to return for the 2024 season after a successful wrist surgery last November.
- In early November, Daniel Jones of the New York Giants became the second quarterback to topple the Empire State of Mind. Jones’ right knee experienced an ACL tear on a non-contact play, forcing him into 8–10 months of recovery.
- Deshaun Watson injured his throwing shoulder mid-November. The Cleveland Browns quarterback underwent surgery, ending his season early.
- Justin Herbert of the LA Chargers was the most recent quarterback to succumb to the curse with a broken index finger. The Chargers closed out the season with a 5-11 record, which put the final nails in the coffins of both Head Coach (HC) Brandon Staley’s and General Manager (GM) Tom Telesco’s careers with the team.
In addition to player injuries, it has been a rocky season for big-time leadership.
- The Las Vegas Raiders fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler on Halloween.
- The Carolina Panthers fired HC Frank Reich late November.
- The Los Angeles Chargers fired HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco promptly after a 63-21 loss to the Raiders, mid-December, which tied for the fifth largest margin victory in Raiders franchise history.
- The Atlanta Falcons fired HC Arthur Smith early January.
- The Washington Commanders fired HC Ron Rivera that same day.
- The next day, the Tennessee Titans and HC Mike Vrabel parted ways. It is unclear if the split was entirely amicable.
- Not 24 hours later, Pete Carroll left his HC position with the Seattle Seahawks to pursue an advisory role within the team.
- Perhaps the most legendary breakup occurred between HC Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. Coach Belichick spent 24 years with the Patriots and earned six World Championship rings on the biggest stage in football. Team owner Robert Kraft ultimately made the decision, but popular belief is that the separation was mutually agreed upon.
Whether you follow sports religiously or not, we can all relate to shake-ups, break-ups, and lack of wake-ups disrupting our hopes for a winning season. We are all adding the most reliable, adaptable, and skilled players to our roster to ensure the best results.
While hiccups are inevitable, here is a promise parlay that you can bet on every time:
We are Trustworthy
Blue Eagle Logistics is the premier provider of top global freight forwarders. Our reputation is solid within the industry and we work extremely hard to maintain it.
We Share the Same Goal
You are trusting us to take your shipments to the endzone safely. Not only do we prioritize your freight, we do our very best to help you feel confident during the entire process. From our customer service to our online shipment tracker, we are taking every opportunity to put your mind at ease until your cargo is delivered.
We Deliver on our Promises
While many in the NFL don’t quite make it the final mile, or maybe not the way they had hoped, Blue Eagle is smashing through expectations in the best way possible. When you succeed, we know we have succeeded, so we take your freight needs seriously. If we fall short, we make it right quickly.
Bet on blue and let us serve you, today!