Here at Blue Eagle Logistics, we know that selecting a new carrier partner is one of the most important decisions you can make. After all, transportation costs–in terms of both time and money–can make or break a budget. But too often, your most taxing questions are unanswered. That’s why we’ve created a list of the 7 common questions you should ask potential partners, and we’re answering them too. If you haven’t worked with Blue Eagle Logistics before, we want to introduce you to our exceptional team and the services we offer day in and day out.
1. How do you come up with rates? What is the rate?
A complete understanding of the shipping requirements will satisfy your customer with an on time delivery, and will help you avoid costly detention or redelivery charges if the unexpected is encountered. The Blue Eagle Logistics team is well versed in the specific challenges of most area shipping locations, and can help you anticipate any special needs so costs and delays are avoided.
Here’s what we need to create a fair and competitive quote:
- What is the commercial or residential address and is an appointment necessary?
- Will this be a dock delivery or is liftgate service needed?
- Is the shipping point an institutional location, i.e., a school, college, hospital, military base, mall, or casino?
- Date and time of freight availability.
- Closing time at the shipping point.
- Are special services, i.e., palletizing, labeling, packing, debris removal, needed?
Rate quotes can be obtained by emailing us with your shipping details at email@example.com or by contacting our customer service department directly at (610) 395-8600.
2. What services do you offer?
At Blue Eagle Logistics, we offer a variety of services that assist Freight Forwarders and the Last-Mile Industry.
- Route Delivery Expertise–Blue Eagle is the premier provider to top global freight forwarders in Eastern Pennsylvania. Our route coverage provides daily pickup and delivery service for key Pennsylvania locations around Allentown, Bethlehem, Quakertown, Reading, Scranton, and Wilkes-Barre.
- Final Mile–Our expedited delivery experts save you downtime and satisfy your customers who need delivery now. Customized delivery solutions are available including store distributions, asset recovery, and residential threshold delivery.
- Critical Parts Warehousing–Need to maintain an inventory of critical parts for delivery in the Northeast, no problem. Forward stocking locations provide a managed distribution point to keep your product where you need it–closest to your customers.
- Cross Docking–Our warehouses in Allentown and Scranton bridge the gap when you’re dealing with hours of service, overloads, or equipment issues. Blue Eagle can temporarily store, rework, ore redeliver freight so your customer’s delivery can be completed.
3. What areas do you service?
From our locations in Allentown and Scranton, Pennsylvania, Blue Eagle Logistics offers first and final mile pickup and delivery services both in the Lehigh Valley and Northeastern Pennsylvania. Please request our service points list for specific locations.
4. Do you cross dock and repack?
We’re proud of our cross docking services which include reworking, restacking, wrapping, and labeling of freight. Short term warehousing is also available when needed.
5. Do you provide white glove service?
Blue Eagle Logistics has years of experience handling specialized deliveries at hospitals, banks, universities, and retail location. Our white glove service is the best in the area, available for commercial business locations, including inside delivery, light assembly, uncrating, unpacking, 2nd man, and debris removal services when requested.
6. Are your trucks equipped with air-ride and lift gates?
The fleet at Blue Eagle is modern and GPS tracked with lift gate and air-ride equipped straight trucks. Tractor trailer and cargo van equipment is available to handle any size load.
7. What about TSA Certification?
Our highly-trained expert drivers are TSA (Transportation Security Administration) certified to handle airport shipments securely and in compliance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Here at Blue Eagle Logistics, we love to talk to potential customers. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you go the last mile in Pennsylvania!